It’s been five months since Team Noren finished our cross-country road trip adventure. I had hopes to pick up this blog sooner, but Life happens and so here we are. After we arrived in Ventura on October 12th, there were a few important events that happened:
- We celebrated my sister’s birthday and engagement party mid-October.
- Team Noren’s first Halloween in CA included a visit to the McGrath Street Pumpkin Patch and the first time taking the kids trick-or-treating. (Click here for more pictures at the pumpkin patch.)
- We signed a one-year lease and moved into our new house on November 1st, unloaded two U-boxes worth of stuff into the garage the same day, and are continuing to make our house feel like home.
- The Holiday Trifecta (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day) happened, which filled us with delicious food and fun with family and friends. (Go alliteration!)
- Kid C turned 3 years old at the end of January, which indicates how fast time is flying by… because, didn’t we just bring you home from the hospital?
Here are some random photos capturing stuff between then and now:
We’re still getting accustomed to our new life in Ventura. The biggest adjustments for me – having to drive everywhere, rebuilding the feeling of community, and accepting that pizza will never be the same out here, even if an establishment touts NY-style pizza.
That’s all I got for now. Since I’m the only one who has yet to get out of pajamas this morning, I best get ready for the day. Stay tuned for more about Team Noren’s jaunts to Santa Barbara, San Diego, and Ojai.